Healthy Snack Ideas for the Holiday Season

9:18 AM

Oh, the struggle of trying to eat right and stay healthy during the most active season of the year. By active, I don't mean jogging or sweating at Zumba class. It's that time of year where we are all tempted to enjoy cocktails and stuff our faces while enjoying the company of friends and family. It's currently football season, Halloween parties will be popping up everywhere in a matter of days, and do I even need to mention Thanksgiving and Christmas? 'Tis the season of hunger! But don't fret! I have a few healthy party food ideas that are fun, delicious and won't leave you with gut guilt.  




  Salad Sandwich wraps: This is so easy, you can even let the kids help you put these together. Just wrap lettuce, cheese and whatever you wish into a piece of healthy lunch meat. I actually had the ones pictured above for lunch yesterday, so I didn't get super fancy, but you can make many different varieties- roast beef and horseradish, turkey and goat cheese, etc. Let your imagination run wild!  






  Buffalo Ranch Veggie Dip- This is my substitution for hot wings. I LOVE hot wings! But I don't love how they make me feel after I eat them, or what they do to my waist. For the dip, I mixed a ranch dressing packet (I hate the bottled ranch) with Greek yogurt and a little skim milk, then add buffalo sauce to taste. Serve it with your favorite vegetables, and it will curb your cravings for hot wings.  




  Mini Taco Bowls- This is another gem I found on Pinterest! You can either use regular-sized corn or flour tortillas, (I used corn), and simply spray them with olive oil spray and push them into the crevices of an upside down muffin tin. Bake on 350 until the edges look crispy, then let cool. When they are ready, you can fill them with whatever you'd like! I chose seasoned turkey burger and cheese, then served lettuce and Greek yogurt on the side. They were a huge hit with my family!


 Enjoy!    



You Might Also Like

0 comments